Monday, August 4, 2008

What it 's all about...


I got up very early this morning, I feel like a kid before Christmas, too excited to sleep and wondering what is underneath all that shiny paper.

There are a few orders that are in and the artists are all wonderful and talented. I can't wait to display work. I believe the artists are just as important if not more so than the actual work. I love opening a shop where everything is made by hand by people who love to make art and have creative spirits.

This is going to be a very special place, I can feel it. I also feel some fear and anxiety but those feelings are small compared to how wonderful I know the shop will be.

There are plenty of big stores to shop at in town with shelves full of shiny things in plastic safety packaging. Tangerine will be the only place for many, many miles where you can touch everything, most things being one of a kind, all things made with great care and attention and one at a time.

I can see hand thrown mugs, fat bars of soap and a stack of organic T's on my big antique doors.
The smell of cookies, gum balls and lavender, the sound of old vinyl playing in the background, and color, lot's of color.

There are two old fashioned park benches waiting to be painted, two big topiary waiting to be potted, and an old mint colored sink waiting to be scoured and brought to life.

It feels like there isn't enough time to get it all done and it seems like time can not move fast enough so that we can be in and making it happen.

Some one pinch me.

No comments: